Saturday, September 19, 2009

One of the luxuries...

...of living in LA is that you can drive to Vegas just about anytime you want. We went to Vegas for a couple nights during a few nights off work. We went to old downtown Las Vegas (Fremont St.) which I had never been to. Actually, I think I might've been when I was younger. We took a family trip to LV for Erins 21st bday...so that would have made me 11. Some of the sights down there I could've sworn I had seen on that trip. Anyway, it was a really fun but short trip (2 nights) and I got some sun from the convertible ride there and pool time. I got back yesterday and on the way home I didn't feel so good. I think I might be getting strep throat again. I am notorious for that illness. It seems to get me at least once or twice a year. I called into work tonight and will probably have to tomorrow. Can't be getting my youngsters sick. Even though at work now, we are required to have everyone on "droplet precautions" meaning we must wear a mask into everyone's room whether or not they have a respiratory illness. It's to reduce the contamination of the flu. We have a lot of kids coming through the ED and PICU with the swine flu (not on my floor).
I am getting so excited to come home in a few weeks. I REALLY can't wait to see everyone. I will hardly recognize all the babies I imagine. I'm also excited to get a taste of fall weather in Southern Illinois. Oh yeah...and I cannot forget about my dog!! I got my tickets for the ELLEN show in the mail today. I can't believe I won them! We are so excited (Rach, Nicole, and I). I got lucky last time that Jocelyn had an extra ticket. I never thought I would win a set of my own. The show is recorded on Oct. 6th so it will air on Oct. 7th. We're not sure who the guest will be just yet. I'll let you know when I find out.


Harrisburg bound in 20 days!!

No comments: